Anthony P. Cho
“Whoever tells the best story wins.”
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Post-Grant Proceedings
- Patent Prosecution
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1992
- B.A., Dartmouth College (Physics), 1989
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Led trial team in a patent infringement action involving a number of medical devices. Both sides raised claims of infringement against one another. Our team prevailed – obtaining a $17,400,000 judgment for our client and a no cause of action on the defendant’s counterclaim.
- Secured a favorable result for a client in a misappropriation of trade secrets case, requiring the defendant to license our client’s technology and publicly admit wrongdoing.
- Successfully defended an orthopedic device manufacturer in a lawsuit brought by a large competitor seeking to enjoin the client from selling knee implants.
- Prevented the fraudulent resale of grey market goods by a competitor purchasing patented products through unapproved sources.
- Successfully defended an OEM automotive supplier in a lawsuit involving an SUV top.
- Obtained judgment in an IPR proceeding against a Non-Practicing Entity disposing of patent infringement lawsuit.
- SuperLawyers, Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney
- ALI-ABA’s Practice Checklist Manual on Advising Business Clients, Contributor, 2004.
- “Traps for Small Businesses that Ignore Patents,” The Practical Lawyer, December 2002.
- “Legal Attributes of High Technology Markets: the Outcome Determinative Role of Market Definition,” ALI-ABA Course Materials, 1999.
- Medical Devices
- Michigan IP Inn of Court, Master
- Michigan Intellectual Property Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association